Sometimes you just want some simple, quick, meals. My favorite quick ‘recipes’ are listed here.
Quick Flounder Foil Packet
- (1) 3 oz fillet of flounder
- 1/2 yellow summer squash cut into coin shaped pieces
- 1-2 oz onions cut into slithers
- 1 cup fresh snap string beans (or thaw out frozen fresh string beans)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Get a super long piece of aluminum foil
- Spray entire sheet with Pam or a cooking oil spray
- Place fish in the middle. Rub fish with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with Paprika. Repeat on other side. Make sure ‘skin’ side is up
- Sprinkle squash & onions around fish perimeter
- Sprinkle extra virgin olive oil on veggies. Be gentle! Sprinkle that entire surface with a little salt. Be gentle!
- Cover the surface with string beans. Sprinkle with a little!! extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with a little!! salt.
- Fold foil width-wize covering entire meal. Fold so that nothing inside shows. Crinkle foil closed. Fold length-wise, crinkle foil closed.
- Place foil packet on baking sheet
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Open packet CAREFULLY (watch the steam) and slide your masterpiece on a plate. Careful, there should be alot of juice .
- Add your own veggies if you don’t like squash or string beans. The long fresh string beans look soo yummy on this.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 18 min
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef (or 2 packages of BOCA meatless Ground Burger)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder 1 cup Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese or Mexican 4 Cheese Blend (I used Sargento’s Fat free Mexican blend)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Fat Free Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Crumple four large sheets of foil to make four3-inch balls; place on baking sheet.
- Place 1 tortilla on top of each ball; spray tortilla with cooking spray.
- Bake 6 to 8 min. or until tortillas are golden brown. (Tortillas will drape over balls as they bake to make them into little “bowls”.)
- MEANWHILE, brown meat with chili powder in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add salsa; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- PLACE1 tortilla shell on each of four serving plates. Fill evenly with salad greens, meat mixture, cheese and tomatoes. Top with sour cream.
- Let me know if you try it and how you like it! I used Boca for mines, the lean ground beef for my parents.
Fettuccine Alfredo w/ Shrimp
Shopping List : Whole Wheat Fettuccine, Ragu LIGHT Alfredo Sauce, Frozen Cooked Shrimp w/ no tails
Steak with Basmati Rice
Sautee onions & bell peppers. Grill or Bake Steak in oven. Cook Basmati Rice. Slice steak into strips and mix with rice & veggies.
Tomato Basil Pasta & Chicken
Shopping List: Tomato Basil Sauce by Organics, Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Bag of boneless skinless chicken.
Season and bake chicken in oven or grill. Slice into strips and mix with Sauce and Pasta. Sprinkle some shredded cheese and melt on top.
I’ve lost over 100 pounds \o/. See my story here. I am NOT a nutritionist or a doctor. This blog is NOT meant to be a substitute for any professional guidance or counseling. The information I provide merely reflects my own personal experiences and is NOT meant to take the place of medical or nutrition advice from professionals. But it’s helpful and pretty…so enjoy! 😀
My BodyBuilding Boo and I like to live an 80/20 lifestyle; 80 percent of our foods are clean, healthy, whole natural foods and then we allow ourselves to indulge in processed food varieties 20 percent of the time. We like to KISS our recipes (Keep It Simple Sweetie); Easier to track, monitor, and meet our MACROS that way!
– Estee D. Ratliff