- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 4 cups assorted greens like kale, spinach, baby swiss chard (chopped if not baby greens)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Melt butter over medium to medium-low heat. Add onion, stir & caramelize until deep brown color.
- Set the oven broiler to Low and move the rack to the middle. Add greens to the skillet and cook on the stove until wilted. Form 3 wells for the eggs. Crack one egg into each well and cook on stove for 3-4 minutes until whites start to set. Sprinkle with cheese before transferring pan to oven and broil eggs until they are cooked to your liking.
Per serving: Calories: 285 ; Total Fat: 16g; Carbohydrate: 21g; Protein: 17g
I’ve lost over 100 pounds \o/. See my story here. I am NOT a nutritionist or a doctor. This blog is NOT meant to be a substitute for any professional guidance or counseling. The information I provide merely reflects my own personal experiences and is NOT meant to take the place of medical or nutrition advice from professionals. But it’s helpful and pretty…so enjoy! 😀
My BodyBuilding Boo and I like to live an 80/20 lifestyle; 80 percent of our foods are clean, healthy, whole natural foods and then we allow ourselves to indulge in processed food varieties 20 percent of the time. We like to KISS our recipes (Keep It Simple Sweetie); Easier to track, monitor, and meet our MACROS that way!
– Estee D. Ratliff