Sometimes you just want some simple, quick, meals. Here are some quick eggs, oats, & quesadilla recipes for meal preparation.
- 2 cups of egg whites or egg substitute
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 4 chicken sausage links
- 4 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- season to taste
- Mix all ingredients well (except cheese), & add them to the a cake pan or oven safe container. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in over for 25 – 30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Once cooled, cut into four pie portions.
Overnight steel cut oats
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of steel cut oatmeal
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Stir in 1 cup oatmeal
- Boil for 1 minute
- Turn off heat
- Sit covered overnight or for at least 8 hours
- Makes 4 servings
- 6 oz of cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 high fiber tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of Recaito
- 2 tablespoons of Recaito fat free sour cream
- 1/2 small white onion, sautéed
- 1 small green pepper, sautéed
- Place 3 oz of cooked chicken breast and 1/8 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese on top of 1 half of a high fiber tortilla.
- Add sautéed onions, sautéed green peppers, & a teaspoon of Recaito.
- Top with 1/8 cup of reduced fat mozzarella cheese.
- Fold in half and cook in a pan, on the stove, until the cheese melts and the tortilla gets crunchy.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon of fat free sour cream.
I’ve lost over 100 pounds \o/. See my story here. I am NOT a nutritionist or a doctor. This blog is NOT meant to be a substitute for any professional guidance or counseling. The information I provide merely reflects my own personal experiences and is NOT meant to take the place of medical or nutrition advice from professionals. But it’s helpful and pretty…so enjoy! 😀
My BodyBuilding Boo and I like to live an 80/20 lifestyle; 80 percent of our foods are clean, healthy, whole natural foods and then we allow ourselves to indulge in processed food varieties 20 percent of the time. We like to KISS our recipes (Keep It Simple Sweetie); Easier to track, monitor, and meet our MACROS that way!
– Estee D. Ratliff