Dr. Daniel Aronov demonstrates one of the most important stretches for your lower back; a Hip Flexor Wall Stretch.
- Kneel down and place your right knee as close to the corner of the wall as you can on one leg. Rest your toes against the wall.
- Bend your left leg in a 90 degree angle, ensuring your knee is directly above your ankle. You should feel the stretch in the front of your hip.
- Place your hands on your left thigh.
- Hold the stretch for 2 minutes. Repeat on the other leg.
In the beginning, you may need to bend forward as the move may be difficult at first. As your muscles loosen, you’ll be more able to straighten and kneel with a straighter back.
The hip flexors are attached to the spine and when they are tight, they cause a lot of back issues. This is the best stretch to loosen up those muscles.
Do this stretch every day, for each leg, for two minutes.
Even though I stretch every day and do yoga, this stretch was a shock to my body! My body said… “What are you doing lady?!” After a few tries, my breathing got a little better and the move got a little easier. I’m definitely going to keep practicing and will post an update on my progress!
As Seen On TikTok
Dr. Daniel Aronov original video: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJksFSCu/
Dr. Daniel Aronov’s other links:
This post in no way affiliates this blog to Dr. Anov or his medical practice. His TikTok video was timely and helpful to me and I believed it should be shared.
– Estee Denise “Nisey” Ratliff
I’ve lost over 100 pounds \o/. See my story here. I am NOT a nutritionist or a doctor. This blog is NOT meant to be a substitute for any professional guidance or counseling. The information I provide merely reflects my own personal experiences and is NOT meant to take the place of medical or nutrition advice from professionals. But it’s helpful and pretty…so enjoy!
2 thoughts on “BLOG: A Lower Back Stretch with Dr. Daniel Aronov – Hip Flexor Wall Stretch”